FPK Revival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!"

3 posters

Go down

Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Empty Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!"

Post  King Of Pj Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi! I am King of pj and I would like to introduce you to my very first guide! This guide is about "How to deal with rushers", which will help you dealing with rushers. I will show you a few methods for doing this and i will warn you "oldfags" that this guide is made for the new and unexperienced player.

After you've read this guide, you will know the best way to survive, escape and confront a rusher without seeing the frightening "Oh dear you are dead!" message.
OBS! Some steps in this guide has not included what PK gear you should use, but is most about which type of tricks you can do.

Contents:

• Prepearing

• 1. Surviving a rusher
    - 1.1 EAT!

• 2. Escaping a rusher
    - 2.1 TELEPORT!
    - 2.2 Simply RUN!

• 3. Confronting a rusher/anti-rushing
    - 3.1 Things to know
    - 3.2 "The Lure method"
    - 3.3 "The Hugging method"

Prepearing
This is what you must always do when you're about to enter the wilderness:
Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Sarabre

After you're brewed up, turn on the "protect from melee" prayer:
Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Protf
NEVER TURN THIS PRAYER OFF!!!

Ok, now you've learned what to do upon entering the wilderness. Now on to the methods to use for dealing with the rushers!

1. Surviving a rusher
Sometimes, you can stay and defend yourself against a rusher. I will show you how!
1.1 EAT!
The first way to deal with a rusher is to... simply eat food. If you're getting rushed while praying, eat as fast as you can. The best way to do this is to "shark-brew":
Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Fastb
Repeat this action untill the rusher runs away. Remember to restore your stats by using super restore potions
TIP: Always watch out for rushers before turning your protection prayer off for a fight.

2. Escaping a rusher
Sometimes, you cannot stay and defend yourself, but you have to run for your life. I will show you how!
2.1 TELEPORT!
You're on low hp and a rusher is about to finish you off... There is help! THE TELETAB!
Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Vtele
You can operate the teletab whenever you need to by hitting it once. This will bring you out of combat fast and safe. Be sure to use the Varrock teletab, as the Falador one brings you to a PVP area which is NOT so safe.
TIP: Have multiple teletabs in your inventory, YOU DON'T WANT TO FORGET HAVING ONE!

2.2 Simply RUN!
When you're in the wilderness, always stay close to a safe spot. This can make rushers only be able to hit you once or completely avoid you.
TIP: NEVER TURN OF YOUR PROTECTION PRAYER!

3. Confronting a rusher/anti-rushing
This method takes some skill to attempt, but has a very good side of it that can make you rich!

3.1 Things to know!
Well if you don't know what anti-rushing is, it is a style of player killing that targets the rushers. The anti-rusher is most often not the one who strikes first, but strikes the hardest. The anti-rushers' best friend is the spell "Vengeance". This spell deals back 75% of damage taken from opponent and is almost cruicial when performing an anti-rush. There are many ways to anti-rush and I'll start with "The Lure method".

3.2 "The Lure method" What to wear?
When you're using "The Lure method", you're the one to take the damage first, which means that you should ALWAYS have vengeance cast and be ready to cast a new one. The message "You already have vengeance cast" indicates that you're ready to perform the anti-rush. Here is the best gear for the lure method:
Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Outf
You must seem "attractive" to the rushers. You can make yourself attractive with having some decent risk and a skull. Don't have a too big defence bonus, because that will make your vengeance ineffective and hit lower. The initate armour has low defence bonuses but gives you some prayer bonus, so you won't get smited too easily.
TIP: Always wear a Ring of recoil which will reflect some extra damage.

The way to perform this "The Lure method" is to wait for a rusher and have auto retaliate turned ON. Always have your Dragon claw spec ready. Don't use the "Protect from Melee" prayer here (only exception). Here a nice trick for how to cast vengance and click the special attack bar again swifty like a ninja:
Go to the spell book and right-click the vengeance spell and use the F5 key (in some cases fn + F5) to switch to the attack styles. This will make your cursor appear right on top of the special attack bar.
Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Vengt
While you're getting rushed, double-click your mouse and switch lighting fast to the inventory (F1) and use the shark-brew method (shown earlier). This will inflict tons of damage to the opponent and will maybe kill him.
TIP: Bring a knock-out weapon like a cheap godsword. Dharok's greataxe is also a great alternative

3.3 "The Hugging method"
This method can be done with range and melee and is about pissing off the rusher so bad that he will at last attack you. This is where the action happens. You don't need to be as "attaractive" as in the "Lure method" so you will not need a valueable risk.

Range gear:
Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Rang

You can also use the Dark bow with it's powerfull special attack instead of Rune crossbow and Dragonfire shield. You don't really need too much range bonus since you will always hit very hard without the extra bonus from for example Armadyl armour, but if you don't have anything against losing it i would recommend using it (since it is considered as junk).

The way to do this method is to find a rusher and start attacking him. He will sooner or later attack back and then you will activate your Dragonfire shield or Dark bow special attack. Always have vengeance cast and be ready to cast it again. You can choose to use the "Protect from melee" prayer or not.

Melee gear (recommended):
Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Meleelu
The way to do this method is almost the same as range, to find a rusher and start attacking him. He will sooner or later attack back and then you will activate your Dragonfire shield. You can also use the Dragon scimitar special attack which along with increasing the your accuracy for that hit, has the chance of rendering the target unable to use protection prayers (with the exception of the Protect Item prayer) for five seconds. The bad side of using the scimitar is that it may scare your target and make him run away. Always re-cast the vengeance spell as quickly as possible for extra damage. Remember, speed is an important factor in anti-rushing!

Now you've learned the best ways to deal with rushers!

Support this guide by commenting and stay tuned for more guides!
Thanks for reading this guide!

- King of pj

Last edited by King Of Pj on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

King Of Pj

Back to top Go down

Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Empty Re: Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!"

Post  kenjirooo Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Nice guide man. I can see that u have worked pretty hard on it.
But did u just called the old players (including me) oldfags? haha ;D

Kind regards, Kenjirooo
kenjirooo
kenjirooo

Back to top Go down

Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!" Empty Re: Best guide for "How to deal with rushers!"

Post  why so mad Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 am

Respect, nice guide Smile
why so mad
why so mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum